M-SNAP will fix at-risk pets at no cost to the pet owner.
Qualifying for Assistance
M-SNAP vouchers are available to residents of Monongalia County because only county residents can relinquish pets to the county shelter. Our mission is to reduce the number of animals being euthanized at our county shelter by increasing public awareness and promoting spay/neuter as the only viable solution to pet overpopulation.
We assist caregivers who honestly do not have the resources to fix their animals. Our assistance is not intended for those who have made the decision to purchase a dog or cat or those who have adopted an animal from a shelter or rescue group that is regulated by the WV Spay Neuter Act.
M-SNAP began in January 2008, mailed its first voucher in October 2008, and received its 501(c)(3) status in March 2009.
Requesting a Spay/Neuter Voucher
- Call us at (304) 985-0123 and leave your name and phone number in mailbox #1, along with the best time to reach you.
- We respond to calls in the order they are recorded and as quickly as we can.
- Important: If your phone is not set up to accept messages, our callers cannot leave a message that they are trying to reach you. If a volunteer makes three unsuccessful attempts to reach you, your call will be “closed” and you must call and leave your name and phone number again.
- Please be patient and leave only one message; we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can.
- If the mailbox is full, keep trying. Our volunteers work very hard to process and pay for approximately 100 vouchers each month. The voicemail is open 24/7.
- We do not issue vouchers via email or Facebook. Also, messages left in any mailbox other than #1 will not be returned.
Feral Colony Managers
- If you manage a feral cat colony in Monongalia County and need help paying for the trap-neuter-return (TNR) spay/neuter operations, call us at (304) 985-0123 and leave a message in mailbox #5. You will be required to register with our TNR Program.
Pregnant Dogs and Cats
- If you have a visibly pregnant animal and wish to terminate the pregnancy, call us at (304) 985-0123 and leave a message in mailbox #5.