M-SNAP helps to fix pets at no cost to the pet owner.
Qualifying for Assistance
M-SNAP vouchers are available to residents of Monongalia County because only they can relinquish pets to the county shelter. Our mission is to reduce the number of animals euthanized at this shelter by increasing public awareness and promoting spay/neuter as the only viable solution to pet overpopulation.
We assist caregivers who honestly do not have the resources to fix their animals. Our assistance is not intended for those who have made the decision to purchase a dog or cat or those who have adopted an animal from a shelter or rescue group that is regulated by the WV Spay Neuter Act.
M-SNAP began in January 2008, mailed its first voucher in October 2008, and received its 501(c)(3) status in March 2009.
Requesting a Spay/Neuter Voucher
- Call us at +1 (304) 985-0123 and leave your name and phone number in mailbox #1, along with the best time to reach you.
- We respond to calls in the order they were received as quickly as we can.
- Important: If your phone is not set up to accept messages, our callers cannot leave a message about their efforts to reach you. If a volunteer makes three unsuccessful attempts to reach you, then the call be closed and you must call and request a voucher again.
- Please be patient and leave only one message; we’ll get back with you as soon as possible.
- If the mailbox is full, keep trying. Our volunteers are working as fast as they can. The voicemail is open 24/7.
- We do not issue vouchers via email. Also, messages left in any mailbox other than #1 (the voucher voice mailbox) will not be returned.
Feral Colony Managers
- If you manage a feral cat colony in Monongalia County and need help paying for the trap-neuter-return (TNR) spay/neuter operations, call us at +1 (304) 985-0123 and leave a message in mailbox #5. You will be required to register with the M-SNAP TNR Program.
Pregnant Dogs and Cats
- If you have a visibly pregnant animal and wish to terminate the pregnancy, call us at +1 (304) 985-0123 and leave a message in mailbox #5.